Wednesday 22 August 2012

Youth Open and Imst EYC


My first youth open was at Ratho and I had great fun the first route had a nice arete and I did ok on it the second was a dirt slab which I fell really early on. I must practise slabs. This just scraped me into the final in 6th place. The final was on the hanger wall which suits me so much I managed to get to the second to last move after messing up on a clip. This got me into second place and I only lost on time.

My third EYC was in Imst in Austria it is the most amazing climbing wall I have ever seen! I was quite nervous about climbing there but my first qualifier was a nice route and I climbed really well on it. The second had a 'vert dirt' bit which I fell of which was really gutting. The comp was good but the Alpine Coaster was better. Another note don't let Ian cook he isn't very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment